The magazine has been printed in America since 1992, has over 40K readers monthly, and hundreds of thousands more online. It focuses on topics exploring the Evolution of Consciousness and supports the Holistic Community of the Twin Cities, Upper Midwest and beyond.
Claiming Your Power in the Here and Now:
An Inner Journey to the Present Moment
by Johanna Kern
Here we are. We are thinking, feeling, seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, breathing and…what else are we doing?
We know either in relation to the above, or we know because we have inherited some of the knowing with our genes. Our ancestors learned things that we don’t have to learn. We already know these things because of evolution.
It used to be that human evolution was thought of as a means to populate the planet and ensure that, as the human race, we survive. Now evolution more and more is referred to as the expansion of consciousness — a way to experience ourselves on different, more advanced levels than merely through our five senses.
Whether we are aware of it or not, we continue to develop — for the purpose of the ongoing expansion of what we truly are: consciousness.
As the consciousness that we are, we can know ourselves only via experiencing. And experiencing differs from acquiring knowledge through the mind.
Experiencing can happen only in the “here and now.”
Staying in the “here and now” is not always easy. When we are required to complete our daily chores or need to accomplish our goals, we tend to think about the future. When we are dealing with our emotional pain or subconscious fears, we dwell in the past.
To silence our inner fears and see clearly what’s in front of us, we need to become mindful of the present moment, unclutter our mind and reconnect with our true, powerful selves.
One of the best ways to become mindful is to practice daily meditation. And it doesn’t have to be long or require a lot of effort.
The following is a brief Inner Journey to the Present Moment that can be practiced at any time.
Find a comfortable position where you can stay uninterrupted. Take a few deep breaths. Close your eyes, and imagine the following:
• You are sitting on a hill. That hill exists nowhere in particular, only in your mind, and yet it feels very real. From the hill you can see planet Earth in front of you. You feel longing in your heart, knowing that you are looking at your beautiful home.
• You place your palms on your chest, feeling the rhythm of your heart. And then you decide to send a message to your loved ones, back on the planet. You decide to make your heart the Launching Point for your message. With all your love, you send to the planet these words: “I care about you.”
• You see the words flowing toward the planet, and then circling it and coming back to you, landing in your heart. At this moment you feel that the loving energy you sent out multiplied on its way back to you. It feels like a warm, powerful wave embracing all of you.
• Now you decide to send more messages, exactly the same way, and find out how they will affect you. You send, one by one, the following messages, always waiting for each of them to return, before sending the next one: “I am happy to be here.” “I am happy to be connected with you.” “I enjoy this moment.” “I love you.”
Stay with this loving feeling for as long as you wish after you open your eyes.
Experiencing is not about rushing things. Experiencing is about experiencing.
During this short meditation you may feel what we call pure happiness — for no reason at all, and without any external circumstances that could contribute to that feeling. You may also experience yourself being internally connected with everything else, while being a part of the One Whole.
Now you know how it works:
• We send to ourselves everything that we send out. There is no “out-there” when we embrace everything in our heart. There are no limits to the consciousness that we are — other than those we choose to impose on ourselves.
• We experience ourselves in the “here and now” by watching our intentions in the present moment.
All we need to claim our true power is to stay in the present moment to remember that we already have it, and use it with Love.
In this volume, following the book that enchanted readers and experts in North America and Europe –“Master and the Green-Eyed Hope”– Johanna Kern shares the first installment of the advanced level of the Master Teachings and shows you examples of how to practically implement this powerful knowledge in your own experience.
This volume will help you to understand your own endless potential, explain to you the mechanism of the 7 Powers and how you can use that knowledge for your benefit and growth.
You will find in this book, among other things, twelve never before published “Inner Journeys” to help you expand your vision of yourself, sharpen your intuition, and induce or improve your “third eye” vision – which further leads to awakening some of the dormant areas of your brain.
Her story received international attention, winning praise by readers in North America and Europe, and endorsement by world-renowned experts in the fields of psychology, the study of dreams & hypnosis, psychophysiology, parapsychology, psi, human development, neuro-computing etc.: Stanley Krippner,Ph.D.,Jerry Solfvin, PhD. andBrian Van der Horst.
She shares her knowledge and helps people to find their own power and progress in all areas of their lives. Her books and CDs are available on this site, as well as on Amazon and other major online retailers around the world – in English, German and Polish languages.