THE VISION QUEST OF OUR CONSCIOUSNESS – article by Johanna Kern in January 2019 edition of “Conscious Shift Magazine” – an online magazine with thousands of readers across America. They are focused on the change happening in our world today.
Self-Healing Process as the Natural Evolution
by Johanna Kern
It is high time for all of us to understand what does and what doesn’t work on our planet. Why the life in our town, village, or country – is the way it is. Why there is so much suffering in the world, and why it is that while some people bloom, others keep struggling in life.
Unless we reach for the true knowledge about who we are and take our fate into our own hands, not much will change. Because of our perception, who we are is often misunderstood as merely what we call our identity, a sense of particular being, with a set of specific characteristics.
We usually define ourselves in two ways:
By perceiving ourselves through our senses/brain (like seeing our body in the mirror, or feeling the rain on our skin).
By perceiving ourselves through experiencing (our emotions, mental processes, desires, memories, likes and dislikes).
We are able to perceive ourselves because of our consciousness.
Our consciousness can also be defined in two ways:
1. Consciousness as described by old-school medicine or old-school psychology: as long as we are able to operate via our senses, we are considered “conscious.
2. Consciousness that operates beyond the senses, beyond body/brain capacity, beyond time and space. It does not stop when our brain goes into a coma, or when we are “out of it” and experiences itself in all states of our physical and mental capacity. In health, or in physical or mental illness, consciousness continues to gather the experiences for the purpose of its progression.
The innate nature of consciousness is to grow, to expand, and our physical life is the “vision quest” of our consciousness.
As the consciousness that we are, we are always looking for more opportunities to expand our vision of ourselves. It manifests in our life through our pursuit of happiness, seeking our life purpose, seeking ways to improve our situation, longing for fulfillment or a happy relationship, reaching for our dreams, feeling the need for self-improvement etc.
The main thing that can stop the consciousness that we are from existing is our lack of progress. What best serves our consciousness, are the states of altruism, compassion, and universal love – i.e. the “higher virtues.”
The ancient cultures developed special tools assuring the natural evolution of our consciousness. These tools can be used to overcome our conditional programming.
Conditional programming consists of Subconscious Programming, Societal Programming, and Avoidance Programming:
· Subconscious Programming is spontaneous and rooted in our survival fears. It can be easily triggered by any of our caregivers/parents or other authorities in our life.
· Societal Programming is externally inflicted – usually via regulations/manipulation or pressure – and rooted in the inherent need of all social animals for a structure for living in groups.
· Avoidance Programming can be either self-inflicted or internally inflicted, and is rooted in our natural fear of change and development of a sense of “habitual safety.”
Habitual safety is the “know-how” to exist/survive in particular circumstances that we’ve gotten used to – no matter whether they are beneficial for us or harmful.
Due to these three types of programming, we perpetuate our existence in fear, discomfort, and limitation. As long as we are running on “automatic pilot” – we keep destroying our own happiness, the welfare of others, and we are heading toward not only physical but also spiritual self-destruction.
In order to continue our existence as the consciousness that we are, we need to begin and maintain the process of self-healing.
· The first step is to acknowledge who we are: consciousness.
· The next steps depend on what we prioritize, or in what order we want to change the programming in the 7 main areas of our life (The Big 7):
Our Heart & Its Vision (our pure, inner being)
Our Vision Of The World
Our Vision Of Ourselves
As the consciousness that we are, we want to experience ourselves as all of the above in our pure, unconditioned form.
Can we do that?
Yes. As the consciousness that we are, we have a choice: to be, or not to be.
How can we do that?
We all are part of a Design that has the ability of self-healing. This ability can be applied to all the areas of our physical life (The Big 7). All we need is to appropriately trigger the self-healing process, and to maintain it. Once we trigger our self-healing process, we align with the natural process of our Evolution: we can overcome anything that stands in the way of our progress.
We are here to become all that we can be.
We can be humans in the most beautiful way.
Let us fall in love with the world, and let us not forget to love our life.
You can read the original article here – click on the picture below:
Also German translation HIER
About the Author